Fusion Media Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official forum for the FMN. Enjoy your stay and make sure to register!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hard Drive Help

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
rulethree
FMN Addict

Hard Drive Help Empty
PostSubject: Hard Drive Help   Hard Drive Help EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 4:00 pm

I've got a Blackmagic Intensity Pro, and i've having trouble with high enough Read and Write speeds (Looking for around 100-200mb/s). I'm in the UK, looking to buy a SATA HDD so I can record in HD and get some commentaries up. Just thought as a few people here are UK based, if they knew any decent places/websites to buy Internal Hard Drives.

Also wanted to know whether just 1 Hard Drive would be enough for around 100mb/s as I think I only have one more SATA power cable (Got a SATA port on my Mobo, and Cable). Specs below:

AMD Phenom 9550 x4 Quad Core
4GB RAM
500GB HDD connected via SATA (can't use this as has O/S installed and you need a dedicated HDD)
ATI Radeon 3300 256MB Graphics Card.
2 PCI Slots, 1 PCIe x16

Cheers for any help given;
-rT
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/ruleThreee?feature=mhw4
YoshiToMario
Website/Forum Founder - Network Member
YoshiToMario

Hard Drive Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hard Drive Help   Hard Drive Help EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 4:03 pm

I have an external 500GB hard drive dedicated to raw recording files as they are large plus you may wanna keep a backup. A good place to buy a drive might be pcworld.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fusionmedianetwork.co.uk
Chazza
Moderator, DON'T MESS WITH HIM!
Chazza

Hard Drive Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hard Drive Help   Hard Drive Help EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 4:06 pm

YoshiToMario wrote:
I have an external 500GB hard drive dedicated to raw recording files as they are large plus you may wanna keep a backup. A good place to buy a drive might be pcworld.

PCWorld is always a good choice, but can be a bit pricey. You'd be better off by comparing prices around the net and also in stores to get the best deal. But as Hugh said, external hard drives are a good option and they're reasonably cheap, and can (obviously) be removed and used for back up storage as well.

- Chazza
Back to top Go down
rulethree
FMN Addict

Hard Drive Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hard Drive Help   Hard Drive Help EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 9:51 am

YoshiToMario wrote:

I actually got an External HDD for Christmas, 1TB, eSATA and a PCI card with an eSATA port, which is meant to be like, faster than SATA, but i got high Read speeds but shockingly low Write speeds (Something like 78.1 Read, 2.1 Write). And on eSATA, it doesn't really seem to work properly, i've tried everything for it to work (Googled every single thing) so i'd much rather have a SATA Internal, as it has literally no work to do with BIOS and it's just put the drive in, install the drivers and i'm away. Plus it's cheaper (on average in storage), so yeah, i'll backup my files with my External (which i can hook up via USB 2.0) but as for recording, SATA's a winner. oh, and it's easier to make it RAID.

/end of pro-nerd talking

but Hugh, gimme a link of your hard drive, i'll have a look at it online.
Back to top Go down
Chazza
Chazza

Hard Drive Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hard Drive Help   Hard Drive Help EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 11:22 am

ruleThree wrote:
YoshiToMario wrote:

I actually got an External HDD for Christmas, 1TB, eSATA and a PCI card with an eSATA port, which is meant to be like, faster than SATA, but i got high Read speeds but shockingly low Write speeds (Something like 78.1 Read, 2.1 Write). And on eSATA, it doesn't really seem to work properly, i've tried everything for it to work (Googled every single thing) so i'd much rather have a SATA Internal, as it has literally no work to do with BIOS and it's just put the drive in, install the drivers and i'm away. Plus it's cheaper (on average in storage), so yeah, i'll backup my files with my External (which i can hook up via USB 2.0) but as for recording, SATA's a winner. oh, and it's easier to make it RAID.

/end of pro-nerd talking

but Hugh, gimme a link of your hard drive, i'll have a look at it online.

I just did some searching around for you, and found this on the PCworld website. It's a reasonably good price and seems to be what you're looking for. I hope i helped Smile

- Chazza
Back to top Go down
rulethree
FMN Addict

Hard Drive Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hard Drive Help   Hard Drive Help EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 2:59 pm

Chazza wrote:

I just did some searching around for you, and found this on the PCworld website. It's a reasonably good price and seems to be what you're looking for. I hope i helped Smile

- Chazza

This is what I've been looking for. Deliveries free which is the main thing. It's slightly more than the ones i've seen on Amazon (£35) but P&P would increase it a lot.

Cheers for this.
Back to top Go down
Chazza
Chazza

Hard Drive Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hard Drive Help   Hard Drive Help EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 3:13 pm

ruleThree wrote:
Chazza wrote:

- Chazza

This is what I've been looking for. Deliveries free which is the main thing. It's slightly more than the ones i've seen on Amazon (£35) but P&P would increase it a lot.

Cheers for this.

Anytime, man. Glad i could help Smile

- Chazza
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hard Drive Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hard Drive Help   Hard Drive Help Empty

Back to top Go down

Hard Drive Help
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fusion Media Network :: Video Gaming :: PC-