Fusion Media Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official forum for the FMN. Enjoy your stay and make sure to register!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Opinions on MMORPG'S

Go down 
+4
rulethree
YoshiToMario
Kuruto
Chazza
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Chazza
Moderator, DON'T MESS WITH HIM!
Chazza

Opinions on MMORPG'S Empty
PostSubject: Opinions on MMORPG'S   Opinions on MMORPG'S EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 2:25 pm

Hey there, guys. I'm interested about you folks who play MMORPG's (Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game) or used to.

Do you play an MMORPG? Anything from Guild Wars, to World Of Warcraft, or Runescape. If you do play one, why? I would like to know what attracts you to it. Is it the Quests? The endless hours of exploration? The money making? The socializing? Building up your character over time? I've never really been interested in this genre, but i know many people who are. Also, did you used to play one, but stopped? Why did you stop? Was it the amount of time needed? Was it the subscription costs? And if you don't like them, then what puts you off?

I would have done a poll, but i would've needed a heck of a lot of options.

Thanks for reading and hopefully some of you will enlighten me on this subject Smile

- Chazza
Back to top Go down
Kuruto
FMN Addict
Kuruto

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on MMORPG'S   Opinions on MMORPG'S EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 2:28 pm

The MMORPG that I play for long periods of time is S4 League. This game is just overall a good game. You have fun by blasting away enemies and doing quests. You feel as though you are in the game in any MMORPG but with this game it is as though you can take control. You are in the body of the character. Of course this is how you should feel in every MMORPG.
Back to top Go down
Chazza
Chazza

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on MMORPG'S   Opinions on MMORPG'S EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 2:39 pm

Kuruto wrote:
The MMORPG that I play for long periods of time is S4 League. This game is just overall a good game. You have fun by blasting away enemies and doing quests. You feel as though you are in the game in any MMORPG but with this game it is as though you can take control. You are in the body of the character. Of course this is how you should feel in every MMORPG.

I've never heard of S4 League. I'll have to look into it sometime. I tried World Of Warcraft for 1 month after hearing about how good it was. To be honest i was dissapointed. At times, i felt satisfied when i got some new gear, but the repetition of the quests was just a grind for me. Killing the same 'mobs' over and over again just to level up, seems absurd. I liked some aspects of it, but for me the cons outweighed the pros. I tried 4 or 5 different races and classes, but once the month was up, i just didn't have the motivation to go another month. I prefere my games to be story driven with unique missions, that are always fresh and exciting. Thanks a lot for your input, Kuruto Smile

Does anybody else have any experience with MMORPG's? I'd be glad to hear your stories Smile

- Chazza
Back to top Go down
Kuruto
FMN Addict
Kuruto

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on MMORPG'S   Opinions on MMORPG'S EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 2:41 pm

Chazza wrote:
Kuruto wrote:

I've never heard of S4 League. I'll have to look into it sometime. I tried World Of Warcraft for 1 month after hearing about how good it was. To be honest i was dissapointed. At times, i felt satisfied when i got some new gear, but the repetition of the quests was just a grind for me. Killing the same 'mobs' over and over again just to level up, seems absurd. I liked some aspects of it, but for me the cons outweighed the pros. I tried 4 or 5 different races and classes, but once the month was up, i just didn't have the motivation to go another month. I prefere my games to be story driven with unique missions, that are always fresh and exciting. Thanks a lot for your input, Kuruto Smile

Does anybody else have any experience with MMORPG's? I'd be glad to hear your stories Smile

- Chazza

Well just to continue with my input, some MMORPG's are not as canon as people think. Sometimes you just have to search around for the MMORPG that fits you. There are many MMORPG's out there, that maybe true but it is worth it to look for that one MMORPG that fits you.
Back to top Go down
YoshiToMario
Website/Forum Founder - Network Member
YoshiToMario

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on MMORPG'S   Opinions on MMORPG'S EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 2:47 pm

I'm sure everyone knows my previous 24 hour addiction to wow xD
Back to top Go down
http://www.fusionmedianetwork.co.uk
Chazza
Chazza

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on MMORPG'S   Opinions on MMORPG'S EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 2:50 pm

Kuruto wrote:
Chazza wrote:
Kuruto wrote:

- Chazza

Well just to continue with my input, some MMORPG's are not as canon as people think. Sometimes you just have to search around for the MMORPG that fits you. There are many MMORPG's out there, that maybe true but it is worth it to look for that one MMORPG that fits you.

Funny you should say that, actually. I've been looking into 'Star Wars: The Old Republic'. I LOVED 'Knights Of The Old Republic', which is a single player story driven RPG. What Bioware are trying to do with Star Wars: The Old Republic, is bring the story driven gameplay and merge it with an MMORPG. The result, from what i've seen so far, looks incredible. It's set for a spring 2011 release, and i've already pre-ordered it. I think it may be the MMO for me Smile

Oh and Hugh, how could we forget? Razz

Do you still play it occasionaly, or did you completely stop playing?

- Chazza
Back to top Go down
rulethree
FMN Addict

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on MMORPG'S   Opinions on MMORPG'S EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 2:55 pm

I played Runescape for 3 years so I believe i'm a bit knowledgeable in MMO's.

I think they're fun, I don't like the quests, but I do like the whole Free Roam kinda thing. If you didn't wanna do something high octane (PKing and whatnot, PvP etc.) you could just talk to people, play some mini-games (Castle Wars, Fight Pits). There was always something to do. It was so fun. I like the clan scene on MMO's aswell. I was in a top #20 clan for RS, and if the TS wasn't funny (Clanmates were always hilarious) then the intense battles at Clan Wars were always great fun. Having 40v40 fights is something you don't see on Console games, and is so very fun on MMO's.

Based on my Exp. of Runescape. 3 years of my life never wasted, don't regret (and sometimes no-lifing) playing it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/ruleThreee?feature=mhw4
pullensam
FMN Addict
pullensam

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on MMORPG'S   Opinions on MMORPG'S EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 3:00 pm

Played WOW ages ago and didn't think it was too bad, not my scene og gaming really.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/pullensam
Chazza
Chazza

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on MMORPG'S   Opinions on MMORPG'S EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 3:43 pm

ruleThree wrote:
I played Runescape for 3 years so I believe i'm a bit knowledgeable in MMO's.

I think they're fun, I don't like the quests, but I do like the whole Free Roam kinda thing. If you didn't wanna do something high octane (PKing and whatnot, PvP etc.) you could just talk to people, play some mini-games (Castle Wars, Fight Pits). There was always something to do. It was so fun. I like the clan scene on MMO's aswell. I was in a top #20 clan for RS, and if the TS wasn't funny (Clanmates were always hilarious) then the intense battles at Clan Wars were always great fun. Having 40v40 fights is something you don't see on Console games, and is so very fun on MMO's.

Based on my Exp. of Runescape. 3 years of my life never wasted, don't regret (and sometimes no-lifing) playing it.

So, it's mainly the community that draws players towards it is what i've gathered. I'm still waiting on SW:TOR.. I'm genuinely excited for it Very Happy

- Chazza
Back to top Go down
Adamtheace00
FMN Addict

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on MMORPG'S   Opinions on MMORPG'S EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 6:21 pm

I play World of Warcraft (Full time Wink ). I'm not addicted to the game its self, I have a lot of in-game friends that I love to play with. I've become very close with them. For me, WoW is less about the content and more of having fun with friends. I don't play for the gear or to down bosses and become the best. I've tried a bunch of MMO's but I can't get used to the game play, because none of them run as smoothly as WoW, and none of my friends play them. Although if I were too chose an MMO second to Warcraft it would definitely by Star Wars Galaxies. That game was awesome.
Back to top Go down
omfgitscamo
FMN Addict

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on MMORPG'S   Opinions on MMORPG'S EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 7:41 am

Aion > WoW

Truths.
Back to top Go down
Cory
FMN Addict
Cory

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on MMORPG'S   Opinions on MMORPG'S EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 4:28 pm

I played Runescape in fifth grade. What did I like about it...well, every boy in my grade played it at the time, but that's proabaly it hoestly. I did kinda like the quests.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on MMORPG'S   Opinions on MMORPG'S Empty

Back to top Go down

Opinions on MMORPG'S
Page 1 of 1