Fusion Media Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official forum for the FMN. Enjoy your stay and make sure to register!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Heavy Rain: Yay, or Nay?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Chazza
Moderator, DON'T MESS WITH HIM!
Chazza

Heavy Rain: Yay, or Nay? Empty
PostSubject: Heavy Rain: Yay, or Nay?   Heavy Rain: Yay, or Nay? EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 5:52 am

Hey PS3 owners, i was wondering what your opinions are on the PS3 exclusive 'Heavy Rain'. It is an interesting game, as it aims to reveloutionize emotions felt whilst playing video games. If you don't know what it is, then look here .

Some critisize it for it's linear gameplay and lack of tense firefights. These people seem to be missing the point of the game. It is supposed to be a story that can be shaped by you, the player. There are 4 playable characters, and the twist here is that if they die, they stay dead. I'm not quite sure what happens if all 4 die, but it is certainly a reveloutionary way to make a game.

It focuses on the characters personal lives as well as their lives as detectives. For example, you can spend time with your child, as shown here .
Anyway, i'd like to hear your thoughts on this title, and if you're going to buy it.

- Chazza

EDIT: If any of you are interested in pre-ordering it, HMV are doing an exclusive Special Edition for the same price as the normal game. Unforunately for Americans, it is Europe only, although they may ship internationally.

Last edited by Chazza on Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
pullensam
FMN Addict
pullensam

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Rain: Yay, or Nay?   Heavy Rain: Yay, or Nay? EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 6:44 am

I heard that theres going to be more cutscenes that MGS4. Too me it will be a game where I rent it to see weather I like it or not.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/pullensam
YoshiToMario
Website/Forum Founder - Network Member
YoshiToMario

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Rain: Yay, or Nay?   Heavy Rain: Yay, or Nay? EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 8:15 am

YAY
Back to top Go down
http://www.fusionmedianetwork.co.uk
Chazza
Chazza

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Rain: Yay, or Nay?   Heavy Rain: Yay, or Nay? EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 8:30 am

YoshiToMario wrote:
YAY

W00t Very Happy

I've just been watching more vids on it, and it truly is amazing Smile
Back to top Go down
PS3master
FMN Addict
PS3master

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Rain: Yay, or Nay?   Heavy Rain: Yay, or Nay? EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 4:26 am

I think me being a guy with certain standards when it comes to gaming i will rent it first so i dont blow my money if i dont like it.
Back to top Go down
Chazza
Chazza

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Rain: Yay, or Nay?   Heavy Rain: Yay, or Nay? EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 11:23 am

PS3master wrote:
I think me being a guy with certain standards when it comes to gaming i will rent it first so i dont blow my money if i dont like it.

Fair play. It is a 'marmite' game (either you love it or hate it). Some people just don't know quite where they stand yet. I don't think it'll be a competator to COD in sales, but i think it'll be very popular as it is fresh and original.

- Chazza
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Rain: Yay, or Nay?   Heavy Rain: Yay, or Nay? Empty

Back to top Go down

Heavy Rain: Yay, or Nay?
Page 1 of 1